Sign in or
-Add to Carmine's Bio
Birthday: August 24, 1973
Birthplace: Port Richmond, Staten Island, NY
Where he grew up: Staten Island, NY
Where he lives now: Los Angeles, CA/ New Jersey
Pets: A cat called 'Mookie'
Mother: Nancy Giovinazzo
Father: Dominick Giovinazzo
Sister: Alise Varela
Cousins: Larry Romano, Vincent, Buddy and Rick Giovinazzo
Ex-Wife: Vanessa Marcil-Giovinazzo
Step-son: Kassuis Lijah Marcil-Green
| When he's not acting:|
- Writes music
- Plays guitar
- Rides a Harley Davidson motorcycle
- A piece of his artwork was featured in episode 1x11 - "Tri-Borough" of CSI:NY.
- Is the first actor to appear on all three CSIs. (More than once.)
- Guest-starred on an episode of the TV drama "Providence" with future CSI:NY costar, Melina Kanakaredes.
- In episode 2x01 - "Grand Murder at Central Station" Giovinazzo does an uncredited part as the public address announcer at the beginning of the episode.
- Larry Romano, who appeared as Danny's brother Louie 2x20 - "Run Silent, Run Deep," is Giovinazzo's real-life cousin.
- Drinks tea as he can't drink caffeine.
- He also sings in a band called Ceesau.
- Ceesau's cd comes out on March 18, 2007. It can be bought through their website www.ceesau.com . They also have a myspace page www.myspace.com/ceesau.
- Giovinazzo also had his ears pierced. ( look at the movie he stared in called ' The Learning Curve ' he has percings in both ears.)
-Giovinazzo will have a writing debut in episode 6x14 Sanguine Love.
-Giovinazzo also is a smoker. (Unkown if he has quit or not.)
-He also has 2 tattoos. One on his right shoulder and another in between his shoulder blades. A few fans have asked about the tats, but he's reluctant to disclose their meanings.
-His character on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" had the distinction of being the first character killed on the show.
| Before he was famous...|
Carmine Giovinazzo was born in Port Richmond . He comes from a family of NYPD police officers and has Italian, Norwegian, British and Native American ancestry.Giovinazzo was an avid athlete; though he played many different sports, basketball and roller blading were his preferences. He had hoped to become a professional baseball player, but a serious back injury dashed his career plans, so, with the support of his family, he turned to acting. As a child, Giovinazzo participated in making short films, but remembers no particular time when he had the idea to start acting. "Before I knew it, I was running around New York with a head shot and taking classes at HB Studios." He did several short films at NYU and SUNY plus a few independent films before he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his career further.
| Awards and nominations:|
1996- Grand Special Prize for No Way Home (1996)- Won
CSI:NY (as Danny Messer)
CSI:LV (as ThumpyG)
CSI:Miami (as Danny Messer)
Shasta McNasty (as Scott)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (as boy)
Providence (with future co-star Melina Kankardes. )
Black Hawk Down
Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss
The Big Brass Ring
The Learning Curve
For Love Of The Game
In Enemy Hands
Big Shot: Confessions of a Campus Bookie
This Is Not A Test ( with co-stars Eddie Cahill and Hill Harper )
Latest page update: made by KingUthersQueen
, Apr 25 2013, 2:54 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
16 words added
45 words deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.